Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Funday DIY Ideas for the Kids

There are a lot of great DIY projects that will help save some money, and the kids will love them!!  I have listed 5 great ideas which when I were a kid I know I would have liked.  Check them out!!

1. Did you know you can turn that old pack-in-play into a tent.  I am a huge pinterest fan, and I came across a great idea there which I know that many little ones would love.  A tent!!  Customize the fabric and blankets to satisfy your child.  There are so many options Barbie or Spider-man, Dora or Diago, or any other character your child loves.  Universal fabric such as in the photo also looks great.  Just remove the mesh from one side and use a fitted sheet on top!! 

Pack  Play repurpose! Cut the mesh from one side, cover the top with fitted sheet, throw in some pillows... reading tent!
2. For the Girls...  Make your own Tutus.  I came accross this idea on a website which I will list, but the little girls I am sure would be so excited about this project.  Make a Colorful tutu or just solid, so many possibilities.  This is a very easy method!! It could save you a lot of time and money!! 
Go to Treasures for Tots for step by step instructions.  These little tutus should keep your little one busy for hours.

Someone just saved me SO much time on making tutus.
3. Have you ever thought of all the possibilities using chalkboard paint?  Well someone has paint a table, an old picture frame with a board in the center, a wall, a door, an old chair.  There are many possibilities, and if you take yourself back in time do you remember how fun it was to draw on a chalk board?  I use to spend a lot of time playing school, and practicing my writing on a chalk board.  Check out more ideas here.  I love the table idea!! 
things to do with an ikea table - paint with chalkboard paint, cut hole, insert chalk bin, have fun
4. Have you ever thought about making a kitchen play set out of an old table or nightstand!!  There are so many possibilities, let your imagination run wild.  You could also use multiple tables and come up with a whole kitchen area.  That sould keep the little ones busy for hours! 
Old Table
Child's Kitchenette - a must have!
Old Night Stand
Play kitchen from night stand
Old Entertainment Center
old TV stand-AMAZING!  My daughter must have one
5. When I was searching for DIY projects I came accross a website which has 100 things you can purchase at the dollar store for play!  There are a lot of great ideas at Growing a Jeweled Rose
Well that is all for now, I hope that you have enjoyed this weeks DIY projects and Ideas with Kristen.  I will have more for next week!!  If you havent done so already please check out Mama's Traumas face book page www.facebook.com/mamastraumas Later Mamas!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment